Although there are things in this world more romantic than jetlag and airline food, taking a vacation is one of the best ways to spend Valentine's Day with your someone special. Whether it be for a week or just a long weekend, head to one of these romantic destinations and spend some time exploring the sights hand-in-hand. Trust us, he/she will appreciate it much more than those chalk-flavored heart candies.
8. Prague: In love and on a budget? Prague is the perfect destination -this romantic city also appears on our list of most affordable European destinations! But that doesn't mean it's skimping on romance. Prague features stunning bridges, historic castles, and other landmarks to help make your trip full of Xs and Os. Explore our short-term rentals in Prague here.
7. Bali: What's more romantic than white sand beaches, turquoise waters and year-round summer? Grab your bathing suit and escape to this picturesque island next Valentine's Day. Browse our Bali vacation rentals here.
6. Montreal: If you live in North America and are looking for a destination with that romantic European vibe without having to hop across the pond, Montreal is the place for you. First time visiting the city? Read our Montreal city guide here for the best insider tips and local knowledge. But the most important tip is to stay in a Montreal vacation rental.
5. San Francisco: The City by the Bay is the perfect place to vacation for Valentine's Day if you love beautiful landscapes, picturesque walks and good eats. Check out our San Francisco vacation rentals and start planning your sourdough-filled love fest! It's more romantic than it sounds, we promise.
4. Miami: Things get hot in Miami. This destination by the shore is the perfect spot to spend Valentine's Day -lounge by the water in the afternoon and explore Miami's bustling nightlife scene by dusk. Grab your significant other and head to this stunning city. Make sure to book one of these Miami apartment rentals by the beach!
3. Venice: World famous museums, canal-side cafes and of course, the gondolas. It's hard to imagine any way that Venice could be more perfect for a V-day escape. Pack your bags and prepare for a one-of-a-kind Italian getaway with your special someone -browse our holiday rentals in Venice here.
2. New York: There's nothing quite like a day in Central Park with the one you love! New York's romantic activities are virtually endless, from ice skating at Rockefeller Center to spending the afternoon at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, enjoying the view from the Top of the Rock -the list goes on and on. Start planning your romantic getaway by picking one of our cozy New York City holiday rentals. First time in New York? Make sure you and your partner read up on these five must-know tips before heading to New York City!
1. Paris: Whether you're strolling down the Champs-Élysées, enjoying an evening in Montmartre, or sipping a glass of wine by the Seine, Paris is inarguably the most romantic city in the world. Travel to the City of Light (and love!) for a few days and stay in one of these vacation rentals in Paris.
What did we get you for Valentine's Day, you ask? We're giving you the gift of travel! Save 20% on booking fees until 2/28/13 with code RAMAROMANCE!
Questions? Email the author of this post at firstname.lastname@example.org.