2013 is almost here! In between committing to jog more in the new year, try to take some time to celebrate with family and friends -and celebrate in style! The five cities below know how to really get down on December 31, from illuminated monuments to holiday-themed noodles. Browse our list and let us know which city you'd like to welcome 2014 from next holiday season!
5. Tokyo: Sing, dance, enjoy fireworks, and toshikoshi soba (New Year's Eve Noodle), to bring in the new year. This city celebrates the new year for not one, but seven days! Festivities begin on December 29th and continue through January 4th. Book your short-term rental in Tokyo here.
4. London: Count down to midnight and hear Big Ben ring, followed by a captivating firework show over the London Eye. Book a London apartment for a close view of the show!
3. Sydney: Want to wear sandals and shorts on December 31st? Spend New Years Eve at Sydney Harbor where you can watch fireworks explode over the Sydney Harbor Bridge. Stay in one of these Sydney apartment rentals while you're there.
2. Paris: Light up your New Years Eve on the Champs Elysees! You'll have the best seat in the house for the midnight spectacle: a stunning fireworks display over the Eiffel Tour, which illuminates right when the clock strikes twelve! Book your short-term rental in Paris here.
1. New York City: Bundle up and head to Times Square to watch the famous ball drop right at midnight! The crowd, confetti, and high spirits stir up endless excitement for the new year. Book your New York City short-term rental here.
Questions? Email the author of this post, Allison Schuman, at firstname.lastname@example.org