Looking for an adventurous activity that the whole family can enjoy? Hop in your ride and go on a scenic road trip! From beautiful mountains, colorful flowers and gorgeous beaches, check out our list of the top five scenic roads around the world!
1) Transfagarasan, Romania: This stunning route runs 62 miles through the second-tallest mountains in Europe, the Carpathian Mountains. The road was constructed in the 1970's by the former Romanian ruler Ceausescu as a strategic military route. Snooze in one of these properties before you soldier through this winding road.
2) Leh-Manali Highway, India: Located in northern India, this 300 mile highway runs between the cities of Leh and Manali. The best time for a road trip on this highway is between June and September as the snow is cleared. Begin planning your long, exciting and mountainous road trip here!
3) Chapman's Peak Drive, Cape Town: The Chapman's Peak Drive may stretch for a mere five miles, but the views are to die for! Also known as Chappies, this drive winds between Houts Bay and Noordhoek in Capetown, South Africa. Believe us, it's a road trip worth making. Stay in one of these beautiful Cape Town properties.
4) Guoliang Tunnel, China: This man-made tunnel is located along the Taihang Mountains in the Henan Province of China. In an attempt to gain access to the outside world, local villagers came together and carved the 3/4 mile tunnel. Book a stay in one of these properties and see the villagers amazing feat for yourself!
5) Bloemen Route, Netherlands: The Flower Route, a 25-mile drive from Haarlem to Leiden, is full of color, life and tulips! Best time to make the drive? Mid-April, when the flowers are in full bloom. Begin planning your colorful trip here.
Questions? Email the author of this post, Dee Tiwari, at firstname.lastname@example.org.