You don't need to be spiritual to enjoy the beauty of magnificent temples. We love unique architecture and old things too, so we decided to put together a list of five of the world's most beautiful temples!
1. Taktsang Palphug Monastery (Paro, Bhutan): Also known as Paro Taktsang and The Tiger's Monastery, this Buddhist temple is perched high up on the cliffside of the upper Paro valley in Bhutan. The climb is about half a mile uphill and is best to tackle in the early morning when the weather is a bit cooler.
2. Harmandir Sahib (Amritsar, India): This 'Golden Temple' is a beautiful Sikh guridwar located in Amritsar, a city in northern Punjab, India. Construction began way back in 1574 and the temple was finally completed in 1604 but has been restored over the years after various attacks. Alas, it is still standing to this day and is the holiest Sikh shrine in the world.
3. Lotus Temple (New Delhi, India): The Bahá'í House of Worship in New Delhi is an architectural beauty that gets its name from its unique shape, inspired by the beautiful lotus flower. As the 'Mother Temple' of Bahá'í in India, millions of people of different beliefs and backgrounds come here to pray each year. The temple has won numerous awards for its beautiful architecture and its acceptance of all people regardless of religion, race, and social strata.
4. Wat Rong Khun (Chiang Mai, Thailand): The stunning 'White Temple' of northern Thailand is truly a magnificent sight to see. This Buddhist temple was the creative work of a famous Thai artist, Chalermchai Kositpipat, who included Buddhist teachings and philosophies throughout the interior and exterior of Wat Rong Khun.
5. Kinkaku-ji (Kyoto, Japan): Also known as Rokuon-ji or Temple of the Golden Pavilion, this Zen Buddhist temple is located in the peaceful and serene city of Kyoto, Japan. The pavilion is three stories high and each floor features a different style of architecture - shinden, samurai and zen.
Questions? Email the author of this post, Dee Tiwari, at email@example.com.