Family, friends, and even we are guilty of delaying our dream travel plans indefinitely. “I don’t want to use my vacation days”, “I’m saving up for a car/condo/college loans/fine crystal dining set” etc are all excuses that keep us from getting out there an exploring the world. Although I’m a bit biased, I believe that there’s no better time to travel than right now. Also because Amsterdam won’t be as fun when you’re 90.
9. To absorb different cultures. Traveling opens your eyes to customs, traditions and languages of other countries, helping you to be a more worldly and well-informed person. You’ll also do a lot better if you’re ever a contestant on Jeopardy.
8. To gain insight on your relationship with others. Mark Twain said it best when he wrote “I have found there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”
7. To see Venice. If you ever wanted to visit this beautiful destination, you should go soon! Some say this city, famously known to be sinking, could be completely underwater in a few decades.
6. …And Mexico City. Some parts of this vibrant capital are sinking at a rate of 8 inches per year into the ground due to water extraction from an aquifer below the city.
5. So you can be in on travel jokes like this one:
3. Because there will always be a reason NOT to go. Take a few days off work, have your neighbor watch your dog, and make travel happen!
2. Because regardless of where you travel to, stepping off a plane will always feel like this:
1. So you have no regrets. To quote our pal Twain for the second time in this post:
Questions? Email the author of this post at [email protected]