As one of the most diverse countries in the world, India has a lot to offer… food-wise, that is (among other things, of course). There are plenty of delectable treats scattered all over the bustling city of New Delhi. Check out our top picks of delicious eats in New Delhi below:
1. Baburam Devidayal Paranthe Wale (Chandni Chowk): This North Indian restaurant serves up a variety of tasty parathas. From the usual potato and cauliflower parathas to the lemon and cashew parathas, Baburam has got it all.
2. Chaina Ram (Chandni Chowk): Looking for something sweet? Head on over to Chaina Ram’s to satisfy your cravings! They also have a selection of snacks for those of you lacking a sweet-tooth. Get the paneer pakora – you can never go wrong with fried cheese.
3. Kuremal Kulfi (Sitaram Bazaar): This kulfi joint has been around since 1908 when Kuremal ventured away from his village near Rohtak and decided to give the world a taste of his amazing ice cream. His son, Mahavir Prasad took over in 1975 and has been making delicious icy treats since then. Definitely make a pit stop here to cool yourself off from the heat of New Delhi.
4. Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandar (Chandni Chowk): If you love Indian snacks as much as I do, you’ll thoroughly enjoy the mouthwatering treats at Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandar’s shop. Fill your belly with some delicious papri chaat or the gol gappas! Tip: Be careful with the gol gappas as they contain water which is not suitable for most foreigners visiting India.
5. Naivedyam (Hauz Khas Village): If you dig South Indian food, this is definitely the place to go. Naivedyam is an authentic South Indian restaurant in Hauz Khas Village. Enjoy the beautiful decor and fabulous service while you munch on a scrumptious plate of rava dosa (my favorite!).
Questions? Email the author of this post, Dee Tiwari, at [email protected]