Our weekly “You’ve Guessed It!” photo contest starts today! Here are the rules:
It’s hard not to fall in love with the sunshine of Los Angeles as soon as you step off the plane. However, like any city, it’s good to know some insider tips before you arrive! Here are the five things you need to know before visiting LA:
5. Bring your swimsuit. This one is a given, but visiting the city’s beautiful seasides like Malibu, Santa Monica Manhattan Beach should be a priority for your trip to LA.
4. The beaches you haven’t heard of are some of the best. Sure, everyone has heard of Venice Beach, but if you’d like an afternoon away from palm readers and sword jugglers, head to one of the lesser-known spots. Adventure to Cabrillo Beach for a peaceful spot that offers both ocean and harbor swimming, or head north to El Matador State Beach for stunning tucked away sands complete with caves, seals, and romantic views.
3. Car rental is necessary. Los Angeles is pretty spread out and the available public transportation isn’t very efficient so it’s best to rent a car. While you have your wheels, make sure to take a scenic drive along the Pacific Coast Highway, especially at sunset. However, driving in LA isn’t all sunshine and convertibles – be sure to pack your patience because you’ll likely spend a chunk of your trip sitting in the city’s infamous traffic. Embrace it, and be happy that saved on your car rental with Zipcar or Dollar, just by being a Roomorama member.
2. Fall and spring are best. Summertime in Los Angeles is good, but for minimal smog and heat that’s not stifling, plan your journey for the fall or spring. We recommend April to May or September to October.
1. Live like a local. Just like most major cities, hotels are often super pricey and located in tourist-ridden areas of the city. Instead, stay in accommodations like this cozy apartment rental in Silver Lake, or a spacious two bedroom vacation rental in Hollywood. View all of our Los Angeles short-term rentals here.
Questions? Email the author of this post at [email protected]
With summer soon approaching, we are quickly forgetting about wintertime sports like skiing and snowboarding, and donning our swimsuits for a season full of fun in the water. But if you’re tired of the same old water activities like swimming (dulllll), then it’s time to try something new. Browse through our list of the craziest water sports out there, and the best places around the globe to try them out! Continue reading
A few weeks ago we proudly rolled out the Roomorama app for iPhone. Not to leave our Android friends hanging, we are very excited to announce that the Roomorama app for Android is now available in the Google Play store! Now you can search for stunning properties while you manage your bookings and properties on the go. Finally.
iPhone user? Download our app for iPhone here!
Beaches, BBQs, block parties -Memorial Day is upon us, and that’s cause to celebrate! Book a Memorial Day getaway between now and May 31st to receive an additional 20% off Roomorama fees. Just enter code MEMROOM20 at checkout. See below for some travel inspiration! Continue reading
Shopping is one of the best parts of traveling. Wherever you head, it’s good to know which cities are known for which goods. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled the ultimate (and practical – sorry, no cheeses or tiny Big Ben figurines) souvenir guide of goods you should purchase from these popular European destinations. And judging from the list below, when in doubt, just get some olives. Continue reading